Sunday, September 28, 2014

ATHLETIC //



The athletic trend is sweeping the fashion industry by storm, whether it’s wearing your running shoes with your dresses or the athletic inspired cuts in your jackets and pants. You can see this trend everywhere. Now do I personally like this trend “YES” maybe in my jackets and the cuts of my clothes but as a whole “NO”. It makes fashion feel cheap to me.




But then it hit me as a dancer I wear a bunch of athletic clothes so that I’m comfortable while taking class or laying around waiting for my next class to start. Though subconsciously I still try to edge up my look or make it somewhat fashionable. So my opinion on the trend has changed slightly, because now I feel like there is a time and a place for these types of looks. Do I think you should wear it to a wedding, a gala or any invitation only party, No! But can you implement it in to your everyday wardrobe, Yes! So it was only natural for me to put together an outfit combining some of my fashion pieces with my athletic functional style for dance.






ASOS // Printed SnapBack
H & M // Cowl Neck Hoodie
American Apparel // Oversized White Tee
Funkeys // Faux Leather Drop Crotch Pant
Nike // Free 4.0 Shoes
Unhinged // Custom Spoon Ring
D.I.Y // Leather Shoelace Bracelet
ASOS // Mirrored Aviator Sunglasses

1 comment: